- A baggy white t-shirt, which you can find at Walmart or Kmart for $10 or less. Rachel’s clothes tend to look like they’re a size or two too big, like she, herself, shrunk in the wash before she put them on.
- A faux fur vest - the shaggier the better! If you want to invest in the real deal, Rachel Zoe has her own line of them on QVC. If not, you can find them at costume shops or even second hand stores like Goodwill.
- Dark wash bell bottom jeans with the bell starting an inch above the knee. Again, you can find these at any resale store. Plato’s Closet on Bower Parkway has the best selection of gently used designer denim for under $50.
- Platform heels, wedges, boots, doesn’t matter as long as they have a platform. The Claudia boot by Messeca are a Rachel Zoe pick at piperlime.com for $185
- Necklace, earrings, ring, bracelets. Rachel only wears gold accessories, and the bigger the better!
- Oversized handbag (any will do). Rachel loves her oversized Birkin bags! They make a variety of knock-off Birkin’s both high and low quality. However, I certainly don’t condone buying any counterfeit bags!
- To go the extra mile, make sure your hair is wavy (maybe even buy a wig), and top it with a little sequin beanie. Rachel loves them! If you need a wig (and if you don’t have blonde or really light brown hair, you certainly will) Hip Wa Zee (940 Harden Street) has a good selection of wigs that you can buy or rent.
- Complete with a giant Starbucks coffee cup and sunglasses, or “sunnies.” The bigger the better.
Boys: Karl Lagerfeld
Boys, yours will take a little more commitment. Karl Lagerfeld is one of the most identifiable fashion designers in the world. As the artistic director of the house of Chanel, he has a (mostly black and white) wardrobe to match. However, you can find most of this stuff in your closet. Here’s what you’ll need:
- A white collared shirt (yes, you can wear that short-sleeved button up, no one has to know), a black tie (he is almost always sporting a black tie) and a black blazer (the more plain and tailored, the better).
- Black skinny jeans. If you don’t own a pair of dark, narrow leg jeans, you should definitely get some! They do not have to be tight, just more fitted than your traditional loose or baggy jeans. These are a great investment because they look great anytime and easily transition from a daytime band tee or hoodie to an evening look (meaning you don’t have to change your pants all day... you’re welcome).
- A black leather belt. I know you have this in your closet! Patent leather (also known as “the shiny leather”) or matte leather (the “not shiny” leather) will work, as long as it’s black. If you want to, you can attach a chain or just your keys to the belt loops of your jeans. It’s very Karl. Also make sure to wear black dress shoes, or switch it up with converses.
- A white wig. Hip Wa Zee (940 Harden Street) has a good selection of wigs that you can buy or rent. If it doesn’t already come in a pony tail, take a hair tie or rubber band and pull it back into a low one. Make sure the wig hair covers at least the top part of your ears.
- Aviator sunglasses. If you don’t already have these, you can pick them up anywhere, even gas stations. The darker, the better.
- Black fingerless gloves, my personal favorite Karl accessory! They are definitely an important part of his signature look. You can make them yourself by taking any pair normal black gloves (acrylic fabric), putting them on, marking just under your finger nails, taking them off and cutting the tips off. Almost every store that sells clothes will have these in stock for under $10. Walmart even has black leather studded fingerless gloves (for men and women) for around $11.
- For boys willing to go the extra mile, take some of your girlfriend’s foundation or bronzer and sweep it on your face; Karl is known for his tan complexion.
Hope this helps any last minutes costumers out there! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter @gandb_style!
Image Sources: Image 1 People.com ; Image 2 Picassa Web Albums - manila c; Image 3 Jezebel.com ; Image 4 Styleite.com; Main Image Celebgossip.net