These are five reasons why rainy days piss me off:
1. You get all ready for the rain by bringing an umbrella (might I add that mine is oversized and pretty heavy), only to step outside and it’s barely drizzling. You don’t know whether you should actually open your umbrella because it’s not like your getting that wet, but then you figure you brought it all the way out so you might as well. Then you just look dumb carrying this big umbrella over your head when there’s really no rain falling.
2. After you splash around in puddles all day, you end up getting to your class late and having to walk to that open desk all the way across the room. Meanwhile, the entire class stares at you because your shoes squeak the whole way to your seat.
3. I’ll be walking out of the BA building just fine when all of a sudden I end up doing splits because the outside tiles and bricks are extremely slippery.
4. When I get to my car in the morning to drive, my windows are all fogged up because of the humidity outside. I can never remember if I have to turn on
the heat or the AC to get them clear so I end up just waiting in my car, after I’ve already gotten a late start.
5. Everyone is carrying an umbrella, so your umbrella ends up hitting everyone else’s that walks by, or you don’t have one and your hair gets caught on a
random persons rude, stray spokes.
However, there are three reasons why I love the rain:
1. You can be a little late to things. “It’s not your fault, there was traffic” (really you just didn’t feel like getting out of bed).
2. You don’t feel as bad about being stuck in the library working on your paper. It’s not like you can be tempted to be outside having fun in the sun
3. It’s just more of an excuse to watch movies, eat snacks and not spend extra time getting ready for class.
Image Source: Chicagonow.com